About our tours:
Battlefield, war grave and pilgrimage tours with The War Research Society
Welcome to our 2015 website. This year we are running a number of special Anniversary tours for both the First and Second World Wars; these are shown in the list.
We also have Anniversary tours planned for 2016-8 for which we are taking early registration now, details of these can be found in our Forthcoming Anniversaries list.
Our flying tours are organized in conjunction with Carrick Travel Ltd. which is a bonded company and the tours provided will meet the requirements of ABTA (18343) and (ATOL 1159).
Ian C. Alexander
600 YEAR ANNIVERSARY TOUR
200 YEAR ANNIVERSARY TOUR
100 YEAR ANNIVERSARY TOURS
70 YEAR ANNIVERSARY TOURS
Why travel with The War Research Society?
We are a totally specialised company who only organize battlefield tours, and have been doing so for over 30 years. We combine Pilgrimage and battlefields in a sympathetic way, balancing history with Remembrance.
For those with a deep interest we have Specialsed Tours that focus on specific interests such as Victoria Cross winners, Air Aces, Airborne Operations, Commando raids, Desert warfare, Tanks in the Great War,and Mechanised warfare on the Eastern front.
Our detailed planning enables us to fulfill your wish in perhaps visiting a battlefield that you have an interest in, or a relative or yourself fought on, or perhaps to visit the last resting place of a relative or friend or perhaps to see a Memorial that commemorates that person.
We provide a varied programme each year which we hope you find of interest. The popularity of our tours continues to grow through word of mouth and personal recommendation.
The benefits of travelling with Battlefield Tours
• Travel with like minded people in a secure and family atmosphere with a dedicated crew to look after your every need.
• Free travel, on coach tours, to your designated pick up point from anywhere in England, Wales and Scotland, via National Express.
• Learn from our experienced guides and couriers.
• On coach tours, executive coach travel with experienced regular coach drivers. No changing coaches!
• Excellent hotels with private facilities in all rooms; bed, buffet breakfast, evening meals, with packed lunches available on certain days.
• Detailed itineraries, information and map packs.
• Free entrance to all museums/attractions.
Those who have travelled with us before will appreciate the excellent standard of the tours, which have gained an international reputation for the relaxed family environment in which they are conducted.
Our shorter tours are for those who perhaps have not visited before and are unsure of what to expect, or perhaps are still working and cannot manage the time for a longer tour. Come and try them out – you will have a memorable time. See what our travellers have said about our tours.
For those wishing to join in Birmingham, but arrive the night before, we can provide information on nearby accommodation and hotels.
NB All flying tours start at the designated airport, which will be notified to you.