About our tours:
Battlefield, war grave and pilgrimage tours with The War Research Society
Welcome to our 2018 website.
This year we're running a number of special First World War 100th Anniversary tours, both Battlefield and Armistice tours – and as shown in the list
Ian C. Alexander
100th ANNIVERSARY BATTLEFIELD TOURS:
20th – 23rd March:
Operation Michael, the German Spring Offensive
6th – 9th April:
4th Battle of Ypres
3rd – 6th July:
Walking Battlefield Tour – Battle of Le Hamel
7th – 11th August:
Advance to Victory
100th ANNIVERSARY ARMISTICE TOURS:
9th – 12th November:
Armistice in Mons and Ypres Tour
Armistice at Thiepval and Ypres Tour
Armistice at Villers Brettoneux and Somme Tour
Armistice at Vimy Ridge and Somme Tour
Armistice, Ypres, and Somme Tour
Why travel with The War Research Society?
We are a totally specialised company who only organize battlefield tours, and have been doing so for over 35 years. We combine Pilgrimage and battlefields in a sympathetic way, balancing history with Remembrance.
For those with a deep interest we have Specialised Tours that focus on specific interests such as Victoria Cross winners, Air Aces, Airborne Operations, Commando raids, Desert warfare, Tanks in the Great War, and Mechanised warfare on the Eastern front.
Our detailed planning enables us to fulfill your wish in perhaps visiting a battlefield that you have an interest in, or a relative or yourself fought on, or perhaps to visit the last resting place of a relative or friend or perhaps to see a Memorial that commemorates that person.
We provide a varied programme each year which we hope you find of interest. The popularity of our tours continues to grow through word of mouth and personal recommendation.
The benefits of travelling with Battlefield Tours
• Travel with like minded people in a secure and family atmosphere with a dedicated crew to look after your every need.
• Free travel, on coach tours, to your designated pick up point from anywhere in England, Wales and Scotland, via National Express.
• Learn from our experienced guides and couriers.
• On coach tours, executive coach travel with experienced regular coach drivers. No changing coaches!
• Excellent hotels with private facilities in all rooms; bed, buffet breakfast, evening meals, with packed lunches available on certain days.
• Detailed itineraries, information and map packs.
• Free entrance to all museums/attractions.
Those who have travelled with us before will appreciate the excellent standard of the tours, which have gained an international reputation for the relaxed family environment in which they are conducted.
Our shorter tours are for those who perhaps have not visited before and are unsure of what to expect, or perhaps are still working and cannot manage the time for a longer tour. Come and try them out – you will have a memorable time. See what our travellers have said about our tours.
For those wishing to join in Birmingham, but arrive the night before, we can provide information on nearby accommodation and hotels.
NB All flying tours start at the designated airport, which will be notified to you.